Tuesday 22 January 2008

Music, Sweet Music..


This weeks Gothic Arch challenge was Music & Lyrics. Well, for my second ever arch I chose Kate Bush's "Babushka" as my theme. The reason? This is the first relatively successful stamp I have created myself, and I have been itching for a chance to show it off! I had a stamp making kit for Christmas from my wonderful Fiance, and have been struggling to produce a good impression from one of my own drawings, but this one almost worked perfectly.
The image is stamped onto vellum that was alcohol inked, then layered onto gold miri (which looks black in the scan!). The background is dye inks on semi gloss paper, stamped with Graphicus & Paper Artsy.

8 comments:

Hermine said...

Beautiful, great song.

Tova said...

Beautiful arch !

Sandy said...

Wow what for a fabulous arch. Love it.

Frieda Oxenham said...

How wonderful to be able to make your own stamp. And this one is so beautiful!

Frieda Oxenham said...

How wonderful to be able to make your own stamp. And this one is so beautiful!

Debby said...

Great arch!!!
Debby

Vintage Papers said...

beautiful! love the design!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous song to take your inspiration from. Great arch & fabulous stamp you made.
Work often doesn't tire me out that I can't craft it just shortens the day & the light runs out!It was a real rush to complete my TMTA piece as I had a sympathy card to do as well.