Sunday 17 August 2008

Graphicus Challenge


Thank you Glenda at Graphicus! Glenda set a challenge to make a project using stampboard, something I have in my stash but haven't really played with, so this was the perfect opportunity. I started by colouring the boards with green and orange Kaleidocolor, then overstamped each one with a stamp that I think was part of a butterfly unmounted stamp sheet ( It's definitely an Elusive Images stamp anyway!). I stamped first in a sage green, then an orange and lightly sanded it back each time to give an aged look. I then used distress inks for the final stamping and edging, sanded back again. Then the four panels are mounted onto brown card stamped in sage with the same image. Although I have used fake hands for now, there is a hole punched through the middle and a recess in the back to take a real clock mechanism! I am quite pleased with the result, the scan doesn't really do it justice! I hope you like it!

5 comments:

craftimamma said...

Hi,

Dropped by your blog from Artylicious to say how much I like your stampbord clock entry. Just the sort of colours I love.

I've browsed through the rest of this blog and love your creations (haven't had time to look at the others yet but I will) but I also wanted to say thanks for the warning about the nasties out there. I'm very new to blogging and I think I would have opened something like that in all innocence.

Lesley

stamp and scrape said...

This is gorgeous - love the clock effect. The set you're referring to is called Buttrefly Whimsy - one of my favs!!
Ros

Phree said...

Oh wow, this is just lovely. I do hope you make it into a clock when you have time (oops sorry didn't mean to make a pun). I would love to have a clock like that! Good luck in the competion.

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Looks great it would make a stunning real clock, btw if you manage to find a mechanism please let me know as i cant find any anywhere!!!

Clare

Jo said...

I love your clock. I just voted for it on Glenda's challenge so I thought I should drop by your blog and see what else is here. The colours on the Stampbord work so well for a gorgeous subtle effect and the dark background is perfect. Can I ask what sort of inks your sage and orange are?