Friday 16 January 2009

Happy (Chinese) New Year!

January 26th sees in the year of the Ox, so Happy New Year to those of you who observe Chinese New Year. Graphicus have set a challenge for this month - Celebrate / Purple & Gold. I chose Chinese New Year as the celebration, used my new Christmas & Birthday pressie Glimmer mists, and an Elusive Images stamp or two. The Chrysanthemum is embossed in gold, then coloured the embossing with alcohol inks, a new idea from me, and one I know I will explore again! I'm posting this for a challenge on Crafts by Carolyn too!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking part - that's a lovely card!

Glenda

Sally H said...

What a fantastic idea! alcohol inks on embossed images. I must try it! Love your card.

Anonymous said...

this,to me, has a very soft and romantic feel.Lovely work.

craftimamma said...

I love this card and what an interesting technique. Can I ask how you managed to colour just the embossing you wanted with the alcohol inks and not the surrounding background?
Lesley

VeeBee said...

Thanks for the lovely comments! Craftymamma, I used a very thin brush and tried to keep well within the edges. In fact, you can see in the close-up where my hand was a bit less steady!

Lynne K said...

Beautiful card. I must try that technique...

stamp and scrape said...

This is absolutely stunning! I've sat and looked at it for ages.

Thanks for sharing how you alcohol inked the embossing without colouring everything else as well - what a fantastic technique.
Ros

Artyjen said...

Love your celebration card. Nice idea with the inks.

Julie Smith said...

Really like your card, what a great design