Monday 27 May 2013

Steampunk Clock

Here's another one of those projects that has been a long time in the making! I bought a fairly naff looking clock from a charity shop for a fiver (if I remember!). It was 'mahogany' effect, looked a bit cheap and grim. Perfect for altering! I stripped back the varnish and gave it a coat of white primer before setting to work. I went for a rusted effect, I feel it has been salvaged from a shipwreck, it's gears are falling apart and there are bits of loose wire. Some of the objects that sunk with it have fused to it - I wonder who it belonged to?

Salvaged
Fused
Dial Close-up



Rust Close-up

The Rust effect is all done by stippling acrylics with a sponge, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out in the end!
Thanks for looking, back soon! xx

1 comment:

Paula (PEP) said...

The colour combination is terrific & I love teh idea of items being melded together - atmospheric.
Have a lovely bank holiday.
Paula (PEP)