Sunday 19 May 2013

Hand Challenge - Joy in the Art of Creation

Glenda over at Chocolate Baroque set us a Hand challenge - anything goes. I immediately knew that I wanted to go all 3D, and decided to use rubber gloves as a mould for Plaster of Paris. There is a slight problem with this though, you get a big bulge where the palm should be:


So there was nothing for it but to carve them out!



So then I painted them (using acrylics) and added stamps from the CB Indian range. I stamped the designs onto white tissue then applied it using normal PVA. It was really fiddly (you have to cut the tissue really closely around the design - and there are a lot of elements here!) but I'm glad I persevered and I'm really pleased with the end result. I added a sentiment which says:

'There is such joy in the art of creation'


I'm looking forward to making more of these! Thanks for looking and I'll be back soon :-)

No comments: